Friday, April 3, 2009

Van Etten Visit

The boys trying on turtle shells at the science center....



Marcy and me in downtown Hickory.



The boys in their underoos!!


I somehow convinced my dear friend Marcy to fly cross country (she lives in CO) with her two boys and spend a few days of their spring break with us in NC! We were nearly inseparable while living in ABQ. We really only took breaks from each other when our kids were trying to kill one another. The boys still consider themselves to be best friends and once they saw each other it was just like old times!

Unfortunately while they were here it rained the ENTIRE time! Ugh!!!! We made the best of it though. Marcy LOVED Hickory and has made me appreciate our house and new town a lot more. We went to the science center, movies, swimming and also took the boys out to hear an honky tonk band and watch professional cloggers (yes I live in the country)! Paul and Anna braved babysitting for a night and Marcy and I were able to go out to dinner and have a few drinks, I really needed a night out!

2 comments:

The Wades said...

I'm so happy for you guys! What a wonderful visit you must have had. The boys in their Underoos is so darn cute!

Also glad you had your own little girls night.

The Wades said...

Oh, forgot to add that today was a much better day for Max. He's still be tortured, but near as bad. Thanks so much for your sweet words. Love ya!