Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our fall weekend






We are in love with our house and we knew that it would be a lot of work, especially in the yard. We have nearly an acre of land and a lot of grass and several HUGE trees. We have been watching the leaves fall for several weeks and honestly I just couldn't get my head wrapped around how we could rake this many leaves. But somehow we have. We spent the better part of the last two days raking and hauling leaves to the curb. Whew, now we have a 3 foot mountain of leaves that stretches for about 30 feet. We are exhausted. Plus Paul and his Dad cut down two crape myrtles in the front that have been allowed to grow too large and did not bloom this year. Here are a few pictures from this weekend. Thanks Bill & Judy for helping us clean up our yard.

5 comments:

the "G" battery said...

great pics! Hopefully they'll come suck up those leaves before a big wind comes! :)
I wish we were at Ft Fisher, too!

Holly said...

WOW, That's A LOT of leaves!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness that is alot of leaves! you need a cold beer after that work.

dena said...

I bet the boys sure loved all those leaves!

The Wades said...

THat is an unbelievable amount of leaves! Wow and double wow! That's something you didn't have here in NM. What fun and what great pictures.

I get so excited when you comment on my blog. It allows me to have your address all over again. (Why oh why don't I make a blog roll?)

Love ya, girl>