Sunday, October 12, 2008

Matthew the vacuum cleaner




Paul is out of town this weekend (he is at his 10 year reunion at West Point). So the kids and I are on our own. I spent a few hours yesterday trying to finish cleaning up our yard. So, I had Matthew in the jogging stroller and had just finished raking out a flower bed on the side of our house when of course Matthew started to fuss and I wasn't able to calm him down. So Joey and Ben to the rescue! They began to push him in the driveway. Well that quickly turned into the 'vacuum cleaner' game. They popped Matthew up on two wheels and chased the other brother all over the backyard! Matthew (who was of course securely buckled in) LOVED it! He was laughing and having a great time. I was able to work for another 1/2 hour uninterrupted, thanks Joey and Ben! We had a great day together, it was one of those days when I wish time would just stop and that I would be able to recall every moment, all the smells and the thing we laughed about. The best thing to happen was that Ben swam underwater at swim lessons for quite a distance, Joey swam the backstroke briefly without any assistance and they both dove off of the diving board without being thrown in!

So, all in all Saturday without Dad was great!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Way to go boys! You are awesome big bros

dena said...

Sound like fun!

The Wades said...

That was a precious post! I love that you wanted to freeze time and remember it all. I need more days like that.