Tuesday, October 7, 2008

No more pets!

Well now, I am certainly stunned to have animals myself but there is NO way that I am every getting a dog or any other type of 'high maintenance' animal. Thanks to my friends for giving me such a hard time. Poor Simba is losing his limbs and I feel so sad for him, I just am not good at this animal stuff. Plus, the boys have lost a lot of interest in them so I am glad that we didn't invest in anything any larger or harder to take care of. So, sorry Dena and Trish, this is the end of the road for pets for us!

6 comments:

dena said...

Losing limbs? How in the world does that happen???

I can totally understand the loss of interest...I mean really, how interesting can something that lives out it's entire life in an aquarium be? How much do they do?

Oh-well. Maybe next there will be a next time & maybe it will work out better.

Holly said...

I tagged you with a meme on my blog!
http://mom2erma.blogspot.com/

Have fun!

Sorry to hear about the boys little friends.

MGJ said...

Love the blog! Sorry to hear about the legs. Hermits crabs are surprisingly difficult to care for. Their native environment means they have complex chemical needs. Try an ant farm next! =]

Becky said...

You crack me up! Sorry the crabs aren't as satisfying as you'd hoped :) We miss you guys! Hope all's well in NC! :)

Trish said...

Dogs don't generally lose limbs. Plus kids don't lose interest in them. Try you'll like

The Wades said...

I told you about our low maint. bunny--not hard at all. They don't bark. We let ours run wild. I do agree about the losing interest part.

As much as we love our puppy, I understand not wanting that extra responsibility.