Saturday, March 7, 2009

Men with weapons

Since moving here we have lost our 'little' boy ways. We have an older neighbor who has lots of cool toys, guns, sword, daggers etc etc (of course all fake). The boys immediately decided that Ian was so cool because of these things and are now obsessed with them. We caved this summer and bought them light sabers which went surprisingly well. They also received Nerf guns for Christmas and after a few days of shooting at each other that stopped. Well today was a warm spring day and the kids were outside. They decided to play war and spent the afternoon chasing each other and fighting with sticks, guns and light sabers....wow....look at who they became...my babies are now boys...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

they are so big. I am still resisting the gun thing. Though I have giving in to video games.

The Wades said...

My children are blood thirsty, gun loving, hunting machines! I'm telling myself this is OK because Max turned out so great.

Max gives you a HUGE thumbs up for letting them be boys. :) (He's not biased or anything.)

dena said...

Who's that gun slingin' sleevless kid? Where did you move anyway??? Alabama.

Just kidding? I know that was Joylyn.

I must admit that I too have caved & my boys have now been allowed such toys. They love it too!