Monday, March 2, 2009

We were snowed in..

Well like most of the East coast we spent today snowed into our house. Actually Paul made it to work around 9 and Anna went out with a friend in the late afternoon. But I refuse to drive in this type of weather unless necessary and Joey is sick (again!) so we were home.

I had a boy handsomification morning which consists of baths, hair trimming, nail clipping and other fun stuff (not really because they all hate it and fight me tooth and nail). We then lounged for awhile and then I pulled out Brad Paisley's album Fifth Gear. This is a family favorite. So we cranked it up and danced all around. Ben pulled out his guitar and then Matthew danced around with an inflatable one as well. It was a blast. The big boys then settled into playing with Legos and Playdoh while Matthew napped. I conquered a small mountain of laundry and ironing-yuck!!!!

While folding my mountain of clothes I spotted a hawk in our backyard. At least I think it was a hawk, this is the best picture I could take from inside the house. Paul is very into birds and his passion has rubbed off on me and the kids. So this was a HUGE thing for us. I hope he comes back!




Matthew and his guitar.




Perhaps they will start a band....do you catch that subtle reference?




Our new visitor. He is perched above and to the left of the slide. He is SO hard to pick out in the picture...sorry.




Ben making pizza and shrimp from playdoh.




Joey making a composter/trash/computer creation from legos.

6 comments:

Trish said...

Hate to tell you, doesn't look like a lot of snow in the backyard. You could have braved the weather. I did hear you guys were getting slammed didn't you just leave the snow in Albq here it is in the 70's great spring weather.

the "G" battery said...

I wondered how you all were faring-glad to see you had fun through it all! I am with you about not driving--why, when it's so nice and cozy inside? thanks for sharing the pics! :)

The Wades said...

You cut your boys' hair? Sounds messy and time consuming and frustrating. See why I throw money at that problem? Oh, and I lack skills in cutting. There's that.

Max also loves spotting birds like hawks and eagles. He can see them a mile away as we head down the highway.

The Wades said...

I just looked back at the picture. I'm going to have to agree with Trish on this one! I'm a wimpy snow driver myself, but seriously? ;)

dena said...

You were "snowed in" from that??? And I thought Albuquerque over-reacted!

Hope you had a good day anyway... I know I always enjoy the break from the everyday hustle and bustle... but laundry??? Couldn't you have thought of something better to do?

Susan said...

Love the band! We have a bunch of musical instruments, drum, harmonica, guitar, etc...the kids love to have fun with that stuff...Yeah for making hte snow day fun!